EMITEL is an international project that began in 2005 with the creation of the Dictionary of Medical Physics Terms. More information about history of project foundation you can find here.
The main goal of the project is to help students and medical physicists at the beginning of their career from different countries to learn the terms of medical physics. Another module of the project is an Encyclopaedia of Medical Physics Terms (in English), where it is possible to read the definition for each term from the Dictionary.
At the end of 2019, at the 4th Forum of Medical Physicists of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Association of Medical Physicists announced the participation of UAMP in the EMITEL project.
The coordinator of the EMITEL project is Slavik Tabakov (Founding Programme Director for MSc in Medical Engineering & Physics and MSc Clinical Sciences, Vice-President IUPESM, Past-President IOMP, Founding Co-Editor of IOMP Journal Medical Physics International).
The Ukrainian coordinators are:
- Natalka Sukhoverska, Chris O’Brien Lifehouse Clinic and the University of Sydney, who suggested the idea of participating in the project.
- Ruslan Zelinskyi, Medical center of Yuriy Spizhenko, who organized the project implementation process.
Also there are UAMP members who took part in project:
- Volodymyr Nahirnyak, Bukovinian State Medical University
- Olena Chygryn, Medical Center Universal clinic Oberig
- Anastasiia Myronenko, Innovacia Cancer Center
Ukraine has become 30th country in this project.
We are planning to increase amount of words and to correct existing translation.
The Dictionary is available here.
UAMP is greatly appreciate to everyone who were involved in the project.